Kids Art Competition
We at BIG HOUSE are dedicated to showcasing the work of some of the country’s most talented artists, and we know there are some incredibly talented young people out there. We want all of these young people to help us and get involved by showing us what they would do if they were in charge of they’re own festival…
Show us what your festival day out would include – whether it’s an elephant’s ball, a party on the roof or a circus in the trees (the crazier the better!) – and be in with a chance of winning some brilliant festival treats for you and your family!
It’s simple. We give you an outline of Castletown House, and you use all of your imagination and creative genius to add the fun and excitement of your dream festival. Draw, glue, glitter, colour, paint – whatever you like, and we will award prizes for the most original, fun and imaginative entries.
There will be three top prizes, one for each age group (4 years & under / 5-9 years /10-13 years)
- 1 Family Pass (2 adults, 2 kids)
- 1 confirmed space at the Ark Ukulele Céilí workshop
- Your picture exhibited at the festival
The finalists not selected for the top prize will have their entry exhibited at the festival, along side some of the best artists from Ireland and abroad.
How to Enter:
Using one of the templates that we’ve provided below (or start from scratch with a blank piece of paper) let your imagination run wild and draw your dream festival at the BIG HOUSE.
Download: Competition Template 1
Download: Competition Template 2
Entries must be received by 5pm on Friday 21 June 2013
You can submit your entry in one of two ways:
- Email to
- Post to BIG HOUSE Festival, c/o The Performance Corporation, Castletown House, Celbridge, Co Kildare
- Please include name and age of child with each entry
Please be sure to include full name, postal address, contact number, and the email address of a parent/guardian with each entry
How the Winners are Chosen:
Four finalists will be selected from each of the following age groups:
- 4 and under
12 finalists in total will have their entries posted on our website and on the BIG HOUSE Facebook page.
From June 28 fans of the BIG HOUSE Facebook page will vote to decide the winner. Voting closes 5pm July 7. Winner announced July 9.
Terms & Conditions
- You can enter this competition as many times as you like
- The competition is open to everyone aged between 2 and 13 years of age.
- The prize consists of family tickets to BIG HOUSE Festival to the value of €45, 1 guaranteed place for 1 child at the Ark’s Ukulele Céilí at the festival, designated exhibition space at the festival at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The prize does not include transport to and from BIG HOUSE Festival.
- The competition closes at 5pm on 21 June 2013. All entries must include the name and age of child and full name, postal address, contact number, and the email address of a parent/guardian.
- A judging panel, chosen at the discretion of BIG HOUSE Festival, will select the finalists from entry from all entries received.
- The parent or legal guardian of the winner will be contacted by telephone or email within 30 days of the close of the competition and the prize will be posted out within 5 days of notification of the win.
- Prizes will be posted out to the address provided with your entry.
- BIG HOUSE Festival holds the right to contact competition entrants via phone, email or letter and/or any other means of communication for the sole purpose of notifying competition winners and to attain delivery details etc.
- No purchase necessary for entry into the Competition. Entries received after the relevant closing date will not be accepted. Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative for the prizes.
- By participating in the Promotion, participants and their parent(s)/legal guardian(s) are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
- The promoter is BIG HOUSE Festival, The Performance Corporation, Castletown House, Celbridge, Co Kildare. The name of the finalists and their artwork will be published online once finalists have been chosen. By entering this competition the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) give consent for the child’s name and town to be published on our website and at the Festival and in any other location deemed appropriate by the promoter should said child win the competition.